Dynaudio - Made in China vs Denmark

Hi,

I  recently Purchased a new pair of Dynaudios. The floor model I auditioned were 'Made in Denmark' but the pair which was shipped out by the dealer was 'Made in China'. They are still boxed. Whats should I do:

1. Swap with the showroom floor model (they were probably a yr or 2 old)

2. Unbox and use my 'Made in china' pair ?

My main concern here is the quality of the product from China. Resale values.

Anyone with experience please chime in. 

ryanhere

I am sure that there are lots of audiophiles who care about bicycles, especially about the “feel” of the frames. I bet there’s a correlation between tube lovers and those who prefer steel and titanium frames. I ride a lugged steel Eddy Merckx, a titanium Litespeed Pisgah (bought just after the Lynsky’s sold the business), and a made in America Niner RLT Steel gravel bike. I owned an early carbon framed Trek mountain bike (and cracked the frame); it felt way too “solid state” to me!

I also deal a lot with China professionally. Individually, some of the finest friends anyone could ever want, humans are similar everywhere, but the societal culture is quite different from here. A handshake agreement in business is not the same as it is here or in Europe. Thus, I have basic concerns about quality control and standing behind a manufactured product, and is the reason that I prefer to buy from companies with tradition and commitment.

Owned many Parasound Halo products over the years, and never one issue with any of them.  Designed in the USA, made in China.  That should squash anyones quality difference issue. For contrast, I have owned PS Audio BHK (300 monos, pre, DAC etc), designed and made in Merica.  2 bad mono amps, failure with a P20, and a sprout that had to be returned for repair.  Dogshit quality, and will never buy again from that “Made in America” stamped company.

I believe that the quality of Chinese built electronics is just as good most likely, and there's not much we can do about the shift of manufacturing to China, but I just think many of us are just unsettled knowing that they are plotting our future demise, whether or not they're successful.  

Well if Rockport ever takes their manufacturing to China then we know the end is near! 

Hey, our most popular antibiotics are made (mostly) in China, thank heavens. And since they make most everything else electronic, why get excited and become racists now? Besides, the people from China that sell us things are nice folks.

We almost shot ourselves in the foot with the whole America First conspiracy, thank goodness we reeled that back in.

Relax boys, we got’m right where we want them.