Should Audiogon forum dealers be held to a different standard?

Usually, people take a measured approach in trusting salespersons because of conflict of interest - commission vs serving customer’s interests. It’s great when you find one you can trust on your behalf.

However, I noticed that sometimes when an audio dealer posts, they’re met with seemingly automatic skepticism beyond the usual - like they are automatically dishonest about helping audiophiles, they just want the sale. I do like them informing us they’re dealers in their posts which allow us to scrutinize their claims more closely.

Should Audiogon forum dealers be held to a different standard than other members?

FWIW, when I first got interested in high-end audio, I had a very bad experience at an audio store trying to push a sale of an inferior sounding system. So for years I avoided dealer opinions for lack of trust and did all my own research. Luckily, lately I found a knowledgeable audio dealer with whom I can trust - his knowledge was invaluable in my purchasing decisions.

kennyc

{Should Audiogon forum dealers be held to a different standard than other members?

However, I noticed that sometimes when an audio dealer posts, they’re met with seemingly automatic skepticism beyond the usual.} Did you answer your own?                                                                                                                                               Members already have different standards when interacting with dealers etc. And each dealer manufacturer is different some are super helpful and don't shill products some are shilling blatantly and some use a soft shill. 

There's only one set of rules that guide this forum and it applies equally to all. Everyone is presumably held to the same standard.

Not sure what is a higher standard, but to me this is a discussion forum, so it shouldn't be used for industry people just to sell their wares. 

They can and should contribute to the discussions, share info and knowledge, debate, like any other person here on what is being discussed, as they are people too, but I think it is not appropriate for them to post try to sell stuff, whether it is equipment, repairs, tweaks.

Just take anything you read only here on the forum where anything can and is often promoted  for free by who knows who with multiple grains of salt.