Vandersteen Forum

I bought an older pair of Vandersteen 2Ce and did not like them. Found out one woofer was crackling (what I did not like was poor tweeter and midrange). I went onto the Vandersteen forum to see if changing a component or two would better the sound than 25 year old speakers. In 2022 almost anyones speakers sound better than 25 year old Vandersteen technology. 
The replies raised my eyebrows. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with that forum and did they find it cult-like or is it just me?

128x128geworthomd
Post removed 

It is possible that it might have been your tone that set people off?

As an idea I’ll add “a #4” to my previous list of 3 finite possibilities:

1: Speaker driver:

What I would suggest is to get a Parts Express DATS. Remove the driver from the speaker that works. Then once you have measured its T/S parameters, you can find a good candidate for a replacement.

Whether what matches best is that JBL, a ScanSpeak wu18, or something else like a Peerless or Seas, is unknown… but at least it would be a way to select a driver that does its best to work with the existing crossover.

2: Crossover:

You could move the crossover left to right to determine whether, in fact, it sounds the same in the existing good speaker.

MY speakers were $800 plus $400 for shipping. That isn’t as good as one guy who paid $175 but better than the eBay guy who wants $3000. It was Sir Vandicream that was the one who said I paid too much for my speakers so he himself does not value them at $800. Why the heck should I fork-out $400 to $500 to send them to the Vandersteen Factory (including 2 way shipping? Is it not my choice?

I think your post over there may have been interpreted as you spent the $3000 and $1000 in shipping… which was at least how I had read it. Maybe other’s did not come to a similar conclusion.., “I dunno”.

BSPKE is a nice man. He offered good advice and was a gentleman.

Agreed… and I’ll strive to try to be more like @bkeske and Gentleman Jim @tomic601 .

Best of luck with the effort.

It is possible that it might have been your tone that set people off?

duh... 

my oh my...

Post removed 

OP.

With your last rant, what was your intention? Head off global hunger, promote world peace, further humanity, or what???

You seem to have a severe case of "little man syndrome."

Taking haymaker swings at forum members here will get you nowhere.