Dynaudio - Made in China vs Denmark

Hi,

I  recently Purchased a new pair of Dynaudios. The floor model I auditioned were 'Made in Denmark' but the pair which was shipped out by the dealer was 'Made in China'. They are still boxed. Whats should I do:

1. Swap with the showroom floor model (they were probably a yr or 2 old)

2. Unbox and use my 'Made in china' pair ?

My main concern here is the quality of the product from China. Resale values.

Anyone with experience please chime in. 

ryanhere

Another interesting observation to note. Some companies are designing and building audio products in China that are as good or better than made in other countries. I have a Line Magnetic tube integrated amp that sounds amazing and I would like to try the Wellsenton R-100i. A beast at 42kg and point to point wiring.

Is it fair to automatically assume everything made in China is sub par quality?

Chill out, dude...Dynaudio isn't going to manufacture sub-par crap, whether it's made by Danes or the Chinese. Trust your fellow human beings to make a good product.

Same kinda thing happened to me but with a coffee machine.

I bought a 'Swiss Made' Jura but what I received was made in Portugal.

Same thing, touting Swiss made and all that.  I wasn`t too happy about it at all.

At least it wasn`t made in China

Dynaudio oversee all the design of the cabinet and drivers and give excellent value in their cheaper models . If you want true Danish quality then spend a bit more for the Contour line , I bought a used pair of 3.4 and totally rebuilt the Xover ,and rewired it with Cardas best wire ,WBT connectors .

with $1500 in parts ,the labor $1k+ if I didnot do it myself ,it’s much better sounding  then the new $8k model 30 that replaced it .the ♥️ of any speaker is the Xover , upgrading it is by far the best value ,cost effective upgrade !