Enlightened Audio designs

hey Guys,
A buddy of mine just gave me a Enlightened Audio Designs DAC model DSP 7000. I have a Music Hall 25.2. The EAD gives me the ability to play HCCD,which I'm listening to right now..pretty sweet. regular cd's eh..ok. What do I have here, worth keeping in my system or just let the Music Hall do the talking?
texron
I knew some guys back at EAD about 12 years ago and went thru the gamut
Started off with a EAD DSP 1000MK III(was using a T-1000 Transport) and thought it was the best ever until I got a DSP 7000MK III which added a lot more body and natural weight.Then I went the convenience route by getting the 1 box CD 1000 and it essentially took me back to the sound of the DSP 1000.I was then smitten by the looks of the ULRADISC 2000 which brought me back to the sound of the 7000 MK III with better cosmetics and convenience.That unit developed a problem and I could not get another drive cause Pioneer discontinued the Stable Platter Mechanism.
After hearing that the Absolute Sound voted the EAD P-Vision one the best cd players of the year I got one just for cd playback and that unit ,which I still have sounds better than the Ultradisc 2000 and the DSP7000.
I followed that purchase up with a DVDMASTER 6000 which has balanced 2 ch outputs and plays DVDA .(I still have that unit also.Both of these units still have servicable parts and look and sound great and can be had used today at a bargain.Oh did I fail to mention they also perform well as a transport.I'd say get a P-VISION or DVDMASTER and you'll get better and more diverse performance and these units can be modded also by the fine people at Noble
Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys, I'll let you know how it turns out.
OK another question, Noble will upgrade my 7000 to a 7000lll for $300. Worth it?
HI Texron--

That's a tough Q to answer--it will depend on the rest of your system and of course your ears. Also consider how long you'll keep the unit. If you feel that this DAC will be with you for a long time and survive upgrades in other areas then I would say go for it. My DSP-7000 is a series iii and I will keep it for a long long time.

Regarding your previous question of how to hook it up--coaxial vs. optical cable...the connection from the coaxial cable is pysically better. However the EAD DACs have circuitry to remove clock jitter than can come in via the optical line, so your optical connection is probably decent.

EAD had a glass cable from AT&T that ran between their transport and DACs--IMO this is the best way to hook up an all EAD system (transport + DAC).

-Sam
Thanks, I plan on keeping it a long time, I think the rest of my system is good, not compared to some here, but for me...