Volume Control Too Sensitive

My latest issue:

As some of you may be aware I have a Bryston BP-26 preamp connected to a pair of Classe CAM-200 monoblock amps.

My issue is that I have very little range on my volume knob. If looked at as a clockface, I can only go from 6 to 7 using XLR cables, and 6 to 8 using RCA cables.

Not only is this lack of range annoying using the remote control, but I question if the sound is compromised by the fact that I’m just using such a small portion of the volume knob.

Any thoughts on this?

onehorsepony

If your mono blocks have gain adjust

ent you can dial that back to day 50% 

I had to do the same thing with Parasound A21+
Good luck Willy -T

I just looked at your amps, not drilling a hole and adding an alps volume control to those beauties.

I still would prefer to gain something while solving the issue, but it would have to be a separate box in front of the amps.

My McIntosh mc2250 had individual L/R volume controls; I added volume control within the case of my antique Fisher 80az mono blocks. Playing straight into those amps was always a treat. Just had VAS fix some Dynaco Mono blocks for my friend, plenty of room inside, adding volume control would have been a good idea now that you make me think of it.

correction: the fisher 80az had level controls, I added an on/off switch to them, they expected to be powered via the control center.