Cable recommandations

Hello,

Im interested in a recommendation on speaker cables new or used. My budget is is 1500. Here is what I have:

Don Sachs preamp, Don Sachs amp, Tekton Double Impacts, Mytek Brooklyn DAC II+. Bluesound Node, DIY silver speaker cable, DIY interconnects and power cord. Shuguang black treasure tubes on amp and preamp, Brimar rectifier.

Thanks

hausera

In general, think of buying used… typically 1/2 original price. Used cables is a great place. The $3,000 new price range is a very good range to be in. I usually read reviews via Stereophile and the Absolute Sound to find the characteristics I am looking for.

There are also a lot of folks around here that love Silversmith Fideliums. I have not heard them yet.

Yes, definitely ignore JasonBourne.

I'm running 16 strand speaker cables from GR Research. No desire to try anything else. Smooth, dynamic, and holographic with good material.

OK here is the deal. make your own speaker cables.  This will compete with the higher priced cables.  Mogami (forget the model number) but it has 4 wires in each casing.  Strip the outer casing off.  Use two wires to make the positive run and a separate negative run.  Slightly twist the two wire around each other.  Get tech flex that is for electronic shielding.  Use two sets of techflex on the positive run.  Use a good pair of spades crimp on type.  Use what ever shrink wrap for the ends.  Basically you have two separate runs one for the positive and one for the negative.  This will complete with cables running $14K.

Happy Listening.

More to discover