Your sub experience: Easy or hard?

For those of us with subwoofers, I'm curious whether you thought integrating it was easy or difficult.  That's it.

Of course, lots of DBA people will chime in. No problem but please ask that everyone stay on topic.  If you want to discuss all the pro's and cons of DBA take it to a brand new thread.  Thank you.

The focus here is just to ask how many people had easy or difficult times and what you thought was the difference.

erik_squires

just wondering why the curiosity when you don’t use a sub as you say it’s not needed ?  or are you thinking of getting one now and want to know what other members went through?

@riley804  - Since you seem to be new here 😁 I like to talk about subjects that don't necessarily impact my system right now.  It makes the place more interesting than just talking about future purchases.

Also, I have used a sub in my stereo, but right now it's over on my HT.  I'm pro sub in general, my posts about why I chose not to use one right now is more about showing how rooms work and how much more important measurements are than specs.

Please don't read this as a cry for help.  I'm genuinely looking to ask the community how hard a time they have had with subs.  My assumption is it's relatively hard but by asking others I get feedback to validate or refute them.

I auditioned a REL T/9X in my system.  Once I understood, that in my particular set up, the subwoofer needed to be plugged into the power conditioner, it was very straightforward.  Getting the level and the crossover just right took a few days but the result was well worth the time I spent.  It made for a very nice addition to my system.

@erik_squires

Since you seem to be new here 😁

definitely not new here 😀. i read what goes on here and i just don’t feel the need that i need to reply to every post on here.

Please don't read this as a cry for help.  I'm genuinely looking to ask the community how hard a time they have had with subs.  My assumption is it's relatively hard but by asking others I get feedback to validate or refute them.

i am sure you can figure it out.   

the hard part is deciding which one ( or how many to get) and size.

initial set up to sound good, was quick and easy...took some time to make fine adjustments, but not difficult, just listening and adjusting...then having a friend over so that one could listen while the other adjusted was a great help...all subs were REL...speakers were floor standers, monitors, and Magnepans (each in different systems)...

I am one of those DBA devotees and I feel that a distributed bass array, by its very nature, mitigates a lot of the difficulties inherent in single subwoofer integration.

Unlike single sub placement, it is almost impossible to screw up a DBA.