Focal 1028/1038 BE and 30 Watt Class A Tube amp

I have a 30 Watt Doge 10 Class A tube amplifier.

I am now driving Tekton Electrons (95db)  with power to spare. 

According to Focal the efficiency of the 1028 and 1038 are 91db and 93db respectively.

Anyone have experience with the Focal 1028 BE or 1038 BE and a lower powered amp?

chinook9

I run some Focal 836w with a 50 watt Jolida 302CRC sometimes. It sounds really great at low to mid high volumes. When things get complicated in the bass it gets a bit lost compared to a muscle ss amp but overall sounds great. A little bit boomy but still sounds good. Depending on your music preferences it might be awesome. If you want to blast some fast metal at 100db probably can do much better. 

Overall I like my Musical Fidelity A1008 better with the speakers. 

Post removed 

After your responses and much research I have decided to go ahead and get a new integrated amplifier. The ones that appeal to me are the Krell K300i, Gryphon Diablo 120, and Coda CSIB. Each of these should serve me for quite a while. If I decide to go cheaper the Musical Fidelity M8XI should last for a couple of years.

I have not purchased the Focal speakers at this point so I’ll keep studying them.

Your list of amps is wildly different.  The Musical Fidelity is definitely forward/bright compared to the others.  I would not ever pair it with Focals.  

I don't know that Doge but the key with any pairing with Focals is the ability to deal with low impedance.  Does it have 4 ohm taps?  Does it deliver a lot of current or is it better with efficient speakers.

I have customers who run B&W 803 D3s and Focal Scala Utopias with 40w tube amps in small rooms.  The key is room size and the ability to deliver the required current.  

We sell the krell coda and many other high end integrated amps 

Focals are very transparent 

Dave and Troy

audio intellect nj

Focal krell and coda dealers