GaN amps: Peachtree or LSA Voyager?

Peachtree 400 and LSA Voyager GaN amps: Does anyone have direct experience with both of these amps? Can you comment on any differences that might exist in sound? I know the internals are supposed to be the same but even if that is true implementation can make a difference. Both are highly regarded by those who own them.

Might also be helpful if you listed the rest of your system (Pre and speakers).

My current system is: Bricasti M3 DAC; Rogue RP-7 (NOS) pre; Bel Canto Ref600M amps; Fyne F1-8 speakers.

Thanks in advance!

markmuse

@rc22 what are your new speakers? I bought a Pair of Fyne F1-8 a couple of months ago and I am loving them. They very easy to drive - 6 ohm minimum impedence. Every amp I have tried with them has done well, but of course some are more satisfying than others. The 225s are great. Will have the Voyager tomorrow.

@markmuse Audiovector R3 Arrete’.  They are 8 ohm and 90.5 sensitive.  A  friend of mine was just over and he liked them very much.  He has a big room and really enjoys his Fyne 704’s.

The R3’s are the company’s smallest floorstander and happen to be an  ideal size for my dedicated room.  

I for one am seriously looking forward to pairing the new class D Atma-sphere monos with my Tannoy Stirling GR's.....ye MF'in ha!

My theory is the the way various amps make distortion has a lot to do with it. I used to think it was how well the amplifier was able to get phase relationships right and I still think there’s something to that, but by no means is it the only thing! One thing that seems to have a bit of correlation is the decay in harmonics as the order of the harmonic is increased. It needs to be on an exponential curve. Another thing that I feel needs more research is the role that the 2nd and 3rd harmonics play in allowing the ear to make out the detail required to reproduce the soundstage correctly. This relates to my first sentence in this paragraph. If the amplifier isn’t devoid of distortion but the 2nd or 3rd is too low, apparently that can prevent the amp sounding 3D.

IME the class of operation has little to do with how well the amp is able to winnow out soundstage depth and detail.

thanks ralph for your thoughts, i tend to agree it is about higher order harmonics in the distortion profile and how these affect the auditory sensation of the decay of notes

@pehare 

That should be an interesting review. I have mad respect for Ralph, though Ive never been in a position to buy his kit. Why not start your own thread?