SVS sub owners, Past and Present

I’d like to hear from (like the title states) SVS owners,past and present about what you DIDN’T like about the subs.  That’s correct,I’m looking for any issues you had with this brand of subs.  I am thinking about making a purchase,( I’m well aware of their generous return policy), but instead of hearing all the praise, let’s get to the nitty gritty.  With all due respect,I’m not looking for opinions, I’m only looking to hear from real live,hands on owners.  

Thanks in advance,

Ray 

128x128rocray

I had the SB12-NSD,and Older Cylinder Sub[cant remember the Model Number]

sold both to friends-they are still working Great,and now use 2 PC2000 Cylinder Subs

no complaints,great service and good Value.I have not had many other good Brands,except HSU=also good;so the only Negative is the lack of Speaker Level Inputs.Buy at least a pair of whatever Brand you end up with.

With the purchase of a brand new pair of subs,my small listening room will have 4 subs. Nice,even smooth bass.  I have 3 now,and that makes a difference over just 2. 

I had a an SB 1000 - not bad  for $600

I replaced it with a Dynaudio 18s - $1800. This is a non-ported design with dual opposed 9in drivers. The improvement  was dramatic. The tonal definition of different types of bass instrument is much clearer.

The dual drivers mean that zero vibration is transmitted to the floor on which it is placed - all the sound all comes through the air - transparent and uncolored.

I have sb4000 and these are a smaller sb16 ultra the app is very good,

the only thing I wished it had  is full Auto room Bass correction like on the JL audio Fathom line , the app does many adjustments , ifyou want you can buy a usb Mike 

anddownload the REW bass program  and just practice and learn it ,Svs will even help with Thst just down load  reading from the REW program and they will tell you exact where room peaks are to adjust from your tablet ,or phone app.I have mine dialed-in pretty good , it-was a noticeable step up from theSB 3000 sub ,

and you get a45 audition period of the sub ,they will pay freight both ways if not happy, 5 year transferrable warranty ,  a very respectable company to deal with.

they have sales, a a overstock dept you can save hundreds,ifyou buy 2 

get  extra off, and repeat customer an additional5% off ,great warranty and customer service