SVS sub owners, Past and Present

I’d like to hear from (like the title states) SVS owners,past and present about what you DIDN’T like about the subs.  That’s correct,I’m looking for any issues you had with this brand of subs.  I am thinking about making a purchase,( I’m well aware of their generous return policy), but instead of hearing all the praise, let’s get to the nitty gritty.  With all due respect,I’m not looking for opinions, I’m only looking to hear from real live,hands on owners.  

Thanks in advance,

Ray 

128x128rocray

Shame on most of you for liking SVS. LOL!  Looks like SVS remains on the list. On that list is,also,REL,and Rythmik. To be continued……

Whatever you do you’re better off getting two subs rather than one.  You can get two SVS SB1000 subs that will get you down to 20Hz for under $1k, which is a compelling value IMHO.  Just a thought.  Best of luck. 

I think you'll have a hard time finding many complaints about SVS subs.  I have a SB-12 NSD in one of my small systems and I have two SB-13 Ultras in my main system with a pair of Rythmik F25 subs.  If you're going to use them for 2 channel, go with a sealed model that is the appropriate size for your space.  If I had to choose between Rythmik and SVS, I'd go with the servo technology in Rythmik.  You can get a lot of bang (not boom) for your buck with SVS though and it would be very affordable to put together a "swarm" system with some of the entry level SVS subs.

I bought a PB2000 in 2021 and truly like what it does. I don’t like the size and heavy weight.

I had the SB12-NSD,and Older Cylinder Sub[cant remember the Model Number]

sold both to friends-they are still working Great,and now use 2 PC2000 Cylinder Subs

no complaints,great service and good Value.I have not had many other good Brands,except HSU=also good;so the only Negative is the lack of Speaker Level Inputs.Buy at least a pair of whatever Brand you end up with.