聖HIJIRI Users thread

Based on a discussion with another forum member, I've been reading up on this Comback Corporation brand. The reviews I've found have been pretty positive, but I've also learned over the years to take all reviews with a grain of salt. So the purpose of this thread is for users to share their input on 聖HIJIRI cables. When you share, if you'd discuss what model of HIJIRI you demoed and what brands/models they were compared to, that'd be very helpful.

A little background: a few years ago I was reading the Audio Envy threads and decided to give them a try as the seemed to compete with much higher-priced cable.  So I decided to give AE a try. I found both the $179 P2 and the $279 M3 to easily best an Isotek power cord at $1k. So that got me thinking even more about value products. I was about to give Zavfino a try and then was given another recommendation to give HIJIRI a try. So this is how I got here. I'll be very interested to hear all user comments on HIJIRI and this should be a good repository for the brand.

Here is their website: www.combak.net

pokey77

@lak , @pokey77

Thank you for your patience.  The Hijiri SM2R-L power cord took 300+ hours to open up.  My listening test were conducted at 400 mark.

For direct A/B comparison with “TAKUMI”, I swapped the SM2R-L back n forth on my Accuphase Integrated. I listened to variety of high resolution files stored on my Aurender SSD and Qobuz.

What struck me immediately is the similarities between the SM2R-L and TAKUMI power cords.  I heard much of the same characteristics of Hijiri TAKUMI maestro in SM2R-L i.e. conveying the music in a most natural way without emphasizing any elements of music and with finesse and fluidity.  Again with SM2R-L, the designer's emphasis remained on the mid-range. The vocals through this PC were simply stunning and my connection with music was just as engaging as with “TAKUMI” power cords.  IMHO, the SM2R-L fills the performance/price gap between the NAGOMI and TAKUMI power cords nicely. I don't think SM2R-L meant to compete with TAKUMI's  so in that aspect, SM2R-L has easily surpassed my expectations at 60% cost of TAKUMI's.  Switching back and forth between "TAKUMI" and SM2R-L revealed why I'm still biased towards TAKUMI's :-) The TAKUMI’s in my system simply digs deeper into the music and reveals every nuances you didn’t know you were missing with SM2R-L or Nagomi power cords. It’s not like SM2R-L is lacking in details or holding back anything but you’re in different stratosphere of resolution with TAKUMI’s. 

Is SM2R-L worth the 2X cost of Nagomi's? Well, I'll let you be the judge of that! I do honestly believe, if you hear both of these power cords in your system, there is a darn good probability that you're going to end up preferring SM2R-L over Nagomi's. 

@lalitk 

Wow, 300 hours to open up! Now I understand why it took you longer to provide your insights and I'm very appreciative. I'm sure that others will be as well. This thread has gathered a number of insights into the 聖Hijiri brand and I hope it is helpful to others besides myself. I'm glad that I'm usually slower to make a move and now I've been able to hear about the new mid-line SM2R-L, it sounds like something I'd be interested in.

BTW, I stumbled on a few 聖Hijiri threads over on the WBF cable forum. Though the threads employ brevity of text, they do indeed also correlate, at least in part, with how you describe 聖Hijiri. That along with the significant comments in this thread, all seem to be in similar agreement on the sound of 聖Hijiri and I'd assume that that will make it easier for some to seek out a demo, myself included.

@lalitk; thanks for the review and comparison, very much appreciated and well done ;-)

@lak  @pokey77 

Thanks guys! I am not ready to return the SM2R-L power cord yet. I am thinking to try this cord next on my DAC’s external power supply and clock. They are currently powered by TAKUMI’s :-)