Tuner choice

I know no one is interested in tuners given streaming etc and on and on, but I moved to a place with some excellent radio stations and I think having a tuner would work for me. I got one for free from my brother, a 70s vintage Dynaco kit and it seemed to warm up over time without any repairs etc. although the light is out and gauge doesn’t seem to work. Muting is not functioning but once on a station it brings in some pleasant sound.
On the other hand, I see old units on eBay that are low cost, some say tested, mint condition, etc. so would it be worth a couple hundred dollars to have a different tuner? Or is the Dynakit not a bad vintage tuner and if it’s working, I’d be smart to stick with it? Any suggestions for replacements worth the change?

thanks

lynnj

Well the Sansui TU-717 is not disappointing in any way. I guess I’ve never had a good tuner so this is like a revelation that radio can be more than background music. This has stage depth, clear and not noisy. When there is static the noise reduction works fine without loss of sound. I’m really shocked at the whole effect. 

I'm running it through an exposure integrated amp. Speakers are old Chicago Speakerworks 2ways. This is so much fun. Thanks for your suggestions, resources and perspectives. 

Sansui made outstanding tuners. Many moons ago I owned a Sansui TU-919 and of the many tuners that I have owned it was one of the best. Enjoy that fine tuner!

I was thinking about it, and I did have a Tandberg 2001 but it didn’t overlap with my exposure amp. So this amp might drive my inefficient speakers better, or maybe the Tandberg wasn’t as good?  Well, I’m happy with this. I have to say I’m in town but using an indoor terk antenna. I’m sure improving that would be good, but it’s working for now. 

@willywonka 

me too! Brought in stations  in my basement from Indiana and Illinois 

I miss it, great tuner,

have a very old Rolls, professional unit, works like a champ.