Axpona 2022 what impressed you?

I'll start. The Borrensen 01 playing Otis Taylor 'Resurrection blues' was stunning! I also enjoyed the Legacy Aeris on the first floor playing Nils lofgren 'Keith don't go'. In the smaller rooms there was a $4k pair of speakers with what looked like 18" woofers and a horn tweeter that performed well. While the kef ref 3 sounded harsh the ref 5 in a similar small room sounded great just reminding me how much incremental set up affects the demo. I only had a few hours on saturday and missed many rooms due to crowds and would enjoy hearing others impressions from the show.

128x128steve59

Money no object/constraint, I'll take my reference system. I'm just amazed at the prices people are asking for their products considering they MAY be emitting slightly better (different?) sound. I heard nothing at the show that totally outclassed my rig. BTW, loved the $30,000 Cabasse system. Was not impressed by the B&W 801D4 (but I'm sure it wasn't the speaker's fault).

Too many rooms played music LOUD. To be honest nothing really stood out but maybe the Acora loudspeakers. Still the room was HUGE so how would they sound in a normal listening room would be the question.

Money no object the VAC / Von Schweikert room sounded literally perfect- deep rich perfectly balanced bass, midrange transparency with no coloration and an insanely delicate top end.

I loved the vibrancy of the Audio Note room and rate it second overall.

Many other good ones but with noticeable artifacts- the Piega coaxial ribbon midrange / tweeter and Rose Audio GaN class D, the Spatial Audio / LTA, the Volti / Boder Patrol 300B set, the Muraudio hybrid speakers.

Nice showing for the new Luxman integrated and Harbeth 30.2XD- each have upped their game with improved resolution and clarity while still sounding sweet and forgiving.  

Oh yeah- the Chord / Spendor classic room- unvelievable bass !  

Excellent show !

I was impressed with the Alta Adam speaker. There were at least two rooms with them, in which one had a black finish to them and another with woodgrain. In the case of the woodgrain pair, I couldn't believe the amount of bass they created. Nice mid and top end too. Of course I don't know what they were driven with. I took tons of pictures and a dozen or so short videos with my Galaxy phone. I will have to go through them eventually to relive the experiences. I'd be interested to learn what the 4lk speakers you are referring to with the large woofer and horn.