The most dynamic speaker you've heard...

I simply adore dynamic speakers - the pretty sound of a soprano piercing my heart is living at it's best for me.

Could you share your experience with the most dynamic speakers you've ever heard?
gonglee3
In general, speakers with good dynamics tend to have very good build quality and use larger drivers for the lowest frequencies, depending on how low they actually go. THese are the two things in general that facilitate good dynamics.

ALso, more efficient speakers will tend to sound more dynamic with lower power amps.

I also find that crossover designs that crossover higher at say 3-7Khz, the higher the better, tend to limit what is asked of the smaller high frequency drivers and this also allows for better dynamics with less stress, breakup, distortion, etc. Two way speakers I know of that do this include certain models of Triangle speakers like the Titus, Ref 3A speakers, and OHM Walsh speakers (all models). I'm sure there are others as well.

3 way speakers with separate midrange often fit this model well and may have an advantage with dynamics accordingly in general, however, more complex and expensive crossovers may be needed to keep things in order.

A unique feature of the OHM WALSH CLS design is that the Walsh driver transmission line approach allows the same fairly high crossover frequency of ~ 7khz or so between wide range Walsh driver and soft dome tweeter in all models from smallest to largest. This helps explain IMHO how every OHM Walsh speaker I have heard, including 1st gen models from the 80's, can all mostly have essentially the same tonality as others of the same generation but still seemingly go as loud as ever needed with the right amp and in the right sized room without ever showing any signs of strain or breakup. There are not many affordable speakers out there that can make that claim!
Rrog, the most dynamics is the question. Realistic or bigger than life, the most is the most.
I had about a dozen or so speakers come and go here and the Klipshorn was by far the most dynamic. My Zu's are next.