Monitor Audio: audiophile quality?????

I very rarely find any discussion regarding Monitor Audio speakers. I am thinking of the Gold Reference series. Are they just good for home theater and not thought of very highly for music only?
valinar
I checked them out in 1995 and preferred the Mission 753's to Monitor Golds. I bought the Mission and later bought more for various systems. For my tastes, I thought they made some of the best intro to high end speakers. I'm not sure what their current models are, but the 753's and 752's were both very nice $500-$2500 (depending on new or used) floorstanders. I've also read good things about Meadowlark Kestrels in that price range.
i heard the silver series couple yrs ago and thought they sounded pretty good,,not a bad deal,,

I tend to agree that Monitor Audio Gold are overpriced , when compared to the Silver series. I personally adore the sound of the Silver 100 7g  speakers. At under £800 , they are a beautiful pair of speakers for 2 part stereo systems.

I have an Audiolab cdq 2800 , and 2 x Audiolab Monoblocks, with Arcam sd50  sacd player/streamer. QED silver speaker cables with the Monitor Audio 100 speakers in White. The finish on these is exceptional when compared to Dali.            I make my own interconections using Belden 8412.. Seems like a good system for a reasonable price.