Attractive Bookshelf - Under $3k

I'm looking to upgrade my Dali Ikon IIs for a living room, where the aesthetics are a big part of the decision.  I'm heavily leaning towards the SF Sonetto IIs, but I've never heard them, and that is purely based on the appearance and a few reviews.  I plan to drive these with a Belles Aria integrated.  I know it's a long list, but I'm just hoping for some thoughts, or perhaps a good reason (or not) to go with the Sonettos.  While I'd love to listen to them all, It's unlikely that I'll find them on display.  I've already heard the Vandersteen CT which was when I auditioned my amp and think they're awesome.  I'm just not sure they're "pretty" enough for the room.

Thanks!

Triangle    40th Aniversary Comète
Sonus Faber    Sonetto II
Dynaudio     Special 440
Dynaudio     Evoke 20
Focal    Kanta no 1
Focal     Aria 906
Vandersteen    VLR Wood
Vandersteen    VLR CT
Dali    Rubicon 2
Harbeth    P3ESR XD
ProAc    Tablette 10
ProAc    Tablette 10 Signature
Fyne    F500 SP

msafrick

I just received the Fritz Carrera 7 BE’s a couple weeks ago, they are finished in striped ebony. They look and sound fantastic, especially after they break in. They sound much bigger than a bookshelf. Fritz is great to deal with, very helpful. He’s even called to check in to see how I like them.  They are a little over $3k, at $3,400, but worth it.

I bought a pair of those exact same SF speakers without demoing them as well. They perform way beyond my expectations. I use them without the grills on my bookshelf. Shockingly fantastic base and all around pleasant listening experience. I primarily listen to Jazz and some rock. You won’t be disappointed.
good luck and keep us posted on your decision.

Woots

From what I have seen so far, Harbeths are so chock full of cheap parts on their crossover boards, you’d have to build a double crossover board and mount it externally to rid them of all their $.18-$.50 cent Chinese parts. They use over 30 of them on a 2 way bookshelf and the overly engineered crossover rack takes up the entire back wall of the removable speaker back. In fact, Danny of GR Research advises Harbeth owners to start over with a different speaker if they want the improvement quality parts guarantee. Yes, Danny guarantees cheap parts degrade the SQ, regardless of how high the SQ is. It simply would be a lot better if Harbeth didn’t use the absolute cheapest parts going. Literally.