Well I joined the Silversmith FIDELIUM Speaker cable club today

The story behind this goes like this. I bought new speakers in December and their placement forced me to stop using my Wireworld Gold Eclipse III bi wire cables because they were too short. So for an interim cable I found a 2 meter pair of the "Regular" Eclipse III wires used being that I wanted to keep it in the "Family." My  entire loom for the most part is Wireworld Gold Eclipse III interconnects.  The Reg Eclipse III seemed fine but I alway felt I was missing something I was used to before, like it was just a little veiled comparatively. I've researched the hell out of cables and was just going to get a set of the New Eclipse 8's but when they raised the price for a 2M pair another $500 to $2000 I decided to look elsewhere, scouring used cables for months.  Well through that process I discovered the many threads and positive reviews on the Silversmiths, so since they were more like what  I was hopefully  willing to spend I ordered a 6 foot set. Today I placed them into my system and after about one minute into the track I was astonished! I couldn't move from my chair, I listened to the entire album in astonishment. They literally "fixed" my system, it's never ever sounded this good. It's only been a few hours so i won't go into everything that happened right now but new cables are not  supposed to sound this good straight out of the box. I am lucky. they blend with my system right away. The Bass was so immediately impactful I just cannot believe a cable can make this much change, the inner detail and transparency, wow! I know these things have been raked over the coals in these forums and their are some that are naysayers, but in my case I was one of the lucky ones because these babies are not going back to Chris!  I cannot stop listening, it's amazing.

128x128fthompson251

@steakster

deludedaudiophile

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Formerly known as:

thynamesinnervoice

aka

cindyment

aka

snratio

aka

yesiamjohn

aka

sugabooger

aka

dletch2

aka

audio2design

aka

dannad

aka

roberttdid

aka

heaudio123

aka

audiozenology

aka

atdavid

bingo

full time instigator and troll, sucking in the naive into his arguments and put downs

109 posts - and counting - in just 5 short days since ’joining’

hopefully tammy and crew will pull the plug sooner rather than later... 

I am an owner of the Fidelium cables (8 ft pair).  I purchased them after reading many testimonials of the great sound improvement, and who doesn’t want that.  I was using a pair of XLO Signature3 - 5.2 (8 ft).  Jeff was offering a money back guarantee so nothing to lose and everything to gain.  After installing the Fidelium cables, I could hear no real difference in sound.  I was very disappointed.  I called Jeff and we had a good talk.  I told him I had been using the XLO cables and his exact words were “I wouldn’t expect you to hear much difference between the two cables.  The XLO might sound a bit brighter”.  I wish manufactures would make these statements in their advertising. It would save us all a lot of frustration.  My other take on the Fidelium is this.  They are very awkward to handle.  I made some purpose build stands to support the “ribbons” along the run and off the floor.  Shame you can’t attach a picture in this forum.  It is very easy to put a crease in the shielding, but it has no impact on performance.  I just changed out my amps and only need 4 ft cables now.  Jeff has offered to cut and re terminate them for me and a very small cost.  His service is first rate and that means a lot to me.  Bottom line is I’m still using them.  Visually, they make a statement and that must be worth something.  Ha ha

Later I can post a photo of the mod (slits) to my cable risers I use to keep the spacing tamed on these.

I don't find them dainty and I'm quite clumsy and non-athletic. I just have my ruggedly handsome looks to get me through life......

I had an inexpensive tri wire 5 foot set of Van Damme cables for two years causing me to bend each time I had to play an LP but they were decent in many respects. I needed to move to 6 footers and tried a half dozen biwire sets from Audioquest, Allnic and Cardas between 3K and 8K a set. Each set while smoothing out the response seemed to veil the mids and higher frequencies. A friend suggested Fidelium and I tried a bi wire set of 6 footers with no expectations and they simply resolved all of the issues of the Van Damme with no apparent veiling. I then added another run for true bi wire and they improved further. They are different, however, once you have them installed with the contact area placed correctly and locked down they stay put.

I would not do a demo without including Fidelium. They are that good.