DHL and the definiton of insanity

I'll start this by saying that after I ordered this amplfier I picked up another amp used that I really like so it isn't important for me to get this amp soon. 

I bought a kinki amp that shipped DHL Tuesdday and on Wednesday it left Hong Kong.  Arrilved Wed night in LA, Thursday morning in San Diego, on a truck for delivery to me at 11am.  Delivery by 8pm.  My address is a business address that closes at 6.   It didn't get there by 6pm last night and I didn't get it.  Today I get the same message, out for delivery at 11am, delivery by 8pm tonight. 

I thought they might recognize it as a business last night but apparently not.  So I started a chat with a DHL CS agent.  It went like this:

DHL:  Mr Stephenson, you cannot request a a specific delivery time.  Is there anything else we can help you with.

Me:  The problem is that you have my address classified as residential, it is a business address.

DHL:  Silence for a long time then:

DHL  "the shipper didn't specify the address as business."

me:  "Sorry, not my fault.  Now you have the correct information.  Can you fix it please?"

DHL:  "No, we cannot change it. Is there anything else we can do for you?"

me:  Can you just mark it as a business address?

DHL: "No, we cannot change it?"

me:  "So you'll keep trying between 1900 and 2000 every night for the next month?  Are we going to have to send it back to Hong Kong and start over?"

DHL:  Is there anyting else we can do for you?  

DHL ends chat.

So this package went from Hong Kong to LA in a day.  Now they can't get the last 20 miles in several days.  I'm going to sit back at laugh at the incompetence. 

I do recommend not using DHL after this experience.

Jerry 

128x128carlsbad

Happily, I order from my dealer. When he gets it. He brings it over and installs it. I got too old for that stuff.

I always have value items sent to work for the same reasons.  Although our doors get locked at 4pm and I don’t usually answer calls that I’m unfamiliar with.  A DHL delivery was turned away a while back for this reason.  I went on line and was able to have it delivered and held at a mailbox type business with a relationship to DHL. I was able to sign up for notices and stopped by on my way home from work the next day.  

there are ways.  

@pinball101 Sounds like you got a customer service agent with skills beyond kindergarten. My guy insisted that there was no way to change the shipping instructions that they got from the shipper in Hong Kong. I was just glad I was not in a hurry since I had another new amp entertaining me. glad you got yours.