How do you arrange the order of your records?

I guess some alphabetically. Some by genre. By quality. Etc.
My preference is keeping them randomly arranged. This way I get a nice variety and I don’t have to choose. And it’s always a nice surprise.

I take them out about ten at a time and place them in a dedicated space between my mono blocks.

mglik

Gave up "analogue" sources/media back in the 90s but I keep my CD rips and online digital purchases sorted by artist/album, in alphabetical order. Compilation albums are in their own folder, sorted alphabetically by album name. I briefly considered segregation by broad genre categories but decided it was unnecessarily complex.

Manage my music via Roon; so from a playback perspective the file organization is largely irrelevant. In my car it’s a different story. The head unit allows browsing by file location and I often use this feature to select. I normally listen to entire albums at a time.

I kind of solved my storage problem. (I started stacking horizontally)

Found that I could make room in my clothes closet. I also thought that I could make room in the garage for less important LPs.

As for organizing, I am stuck in random mode. Although the wife was just able to quickly find her favorite Andy Williams Sing Hawaiian. Think she knew the bunch.

I can’t fathom how one can deal with many thousands. I have several hundred.

Storage remains a problem. Maybe replace some book shelves. These days I don’t read much.

Relatively small collection: 930 records but growing.

Indexed alphabetical only.