Fuse Direction for Pass Labs Amp and Preamp

I am going to re fuse my Pass X250.8 and XP-32 with Synergistic Research purple fuses in a couple of days. I was hoping to get advice on a rule of thumb for direction of the fuses. My instinct tells me to start by installing the fuse by the direction of the lettering on the fuses. I am thinking that the direction should be the lettering left to right with the beginning of the lettering facing out of the amp and the end of the lettering facing into the amp. Does this sound right?

128x128mitchb

The fuse needs go in correctly or it will blow! If you put the fuse in backwards it will suck!

It didn't take long before the trolls, name dropping and appeals to authority came up. They make very poor substitutes for actually trying them. 

All the best,
Nonoise

One of the things about this hobby is you can extrapolate things to the ridiculous. Fuse direction is one of them. How do you know that by switching the fuse it is the metallurgy of the fuse with respect to the AC source that makes it sound different? Maybe it's the fuse holder. If you look at a fuse holder there are two connections -- one on the end and one on the side. There is no standard (or electrical difference) which connection is from the power inlet and which connection is to the transformer. Some manufacturers wire the inlet to the side and the outlet to the end and some do it the other way. So when you change the fuse direction and hear a difference, maybe it's the way it's oriented in the holder and that is why other people hear it differently or hear a difference with the same fuse turned around in different components.

I recall a conversation I had with Ken Stevens of CAT who said if you don't have the time or patience to evaluate a tweak... then save your money.

jasonbourne52

@mitchb : I see you have drunk the fuser Kool Aid! How can you believe this nonsense that a small piece of wire - which does not carry a music signal - can somehow change the character of a component - and cost hundreds! Enlighten me!

Ditto for power cables, with two exceptions. They can supply the needed current and the quality of shielding that encases the cable to contain mains noise.