Do you spend more time analyzing the sound of your system, worrying it could be better?

Great article here from Dan Wright of ModWright:

If it Sounds Good, It IS Good

128x128jerryg123

Yes,

I have tunes on at least 4 hours a day, but I’m still putting the final touches on the new system, but a streamer might be coming and if so, what cables will I use?  than what streaming service will I use? Then…

JD

I design audio products so I have to do a lot of analytical listening. But I know when I have it right because I will just enjoy the performance without focusing on anything but the music. If I stay in analytical mode I know it's time to make a change.

I spend time finding new music and artists that I enjoy.  I'm done spending money on the system. 

It's like someone spending too much worrying about their cameras equipment and not looking for wonderful things to photograph. 

I have been a member of this Forum for many years and have read posts by many audiophiles to whom I believe their systems are nothing but a source of grief and anxiety.  I know 1 or 2 people like this personally and I don't think there is a cure for it. As audiophiles, we all think about how things might be improved, but for some, it seems to be a constant voice in their heads that cannot be silenced.  As someone who has owned some relatively expensive gear, i.e., $15k preamp, $10k CD player, the solution was actually downgrade to a less expensive system, which just sounds good for what it is.  I don't expect miracles and I don't get them.  I just get good sound that I find pleasing. Life is easier once you lower your standards.  Not saying you should do it - it's your life after all.