After years of separates, I'm going integrated. Anyone else do the same?

I'm rethinking my listening room. I want my audio rack to be more minimalist vs lots of boxes, wires, and clutter. I know separates, in general, will sound better. However, at the level of my system, I'm not certain the difference would be as apparent. In the grand scheme of things of Audiophilia, my level of components are mid-fi at best (BHK Pre, First Watt J2, Elac PPA-2 phono, Pro-ject s2 Dac, ZU Omen Defs)

I'm favoring one of the Luxman Class A's (I know Luxman is getting out of the Class A business. The only way I would favor a built-in Dac is if it were upgradable like McIntosh or Accuphase. I'm guessing a Luxman or Mac built-in phono would sound just as good as to what I have now (Elac PPA-2).

So the question is, who else has gone to integrated? Do you regret the move or are you glad you did?

aberyclark

I bet that Circle Labs A200 would sound much better with a Quantum Science Audio Red/Black Fuse and Black/Red AC Outlet.

the theoretical tradeoffs in principle are well known - hardly worth debating at this level

it is all in practical implementation and specifics of units, systems, synergy where the rubber meets the road on which is better

I like idea of separates for few reasons
- it is easier and cheaper to upgrade just one component
- it is easier to repair one component.
- In case of damage beyond repair no need to replace everything
- Separate preamp or DAC allows to move signal gain to cleaner environment away from power amp (especially high power amps).

On the other hand integrated are simpler, cheaper (including savings on cables) and when done right sound great.

I totally understand the allure of an integrated. I’ve had a Krell integrated for about the last two years. It is a cleaner look and don’t have to worry about all of the interconnects, etc. 

One thing I do wish my current integrated had is preamp outputs so that I can use an external amplifier from time to time.  Just some flexibility there would be nice  

@rick2000 ,

Yes I have QSA fuses inside. I use the light blue and simply cannot reach the higher priced options. They are always a nice upgrade.  Bigger was the Hijiri Nagomi power cord on it!