2nd systems- who’s got one?

How prevalent are 2nd systems? My sense is that a fair number of folks have a 2nd system. I put together a very nice bedroom system- NAD 316 bee V2, Node (n130) and Wharfedale Diamond 12.2 on Monoprice stands. Cabling is DH labs (IC), Supra (speaker) and Audioquest (pc on Node). Frankly, I’d have been thrilled as a teen to have a system that sounds as good as my bedroom system
128x128zavato

I used to have second systems in bedroom, used purely as experimental for determining direction of main system.  This is where i first discovered SET amplification, single source and/or high efficiency speakers.

I have enough equipment in reserve to add a second system, but no interest since I'd only be disappointed in sound quality relative to main system. I want to spend all my reserved time space for listening hearing the best sound quality available to me. I do listen to a cheapy system at work, often entertain thought of upgrading but ultimately really don't care, listening is only background there, a good system may distract and affect work quality.

Another NAD C 316 BEE V2 user in a 2nd system here…….Klipsch RP 600 M speakers using Canare 4S11 in 8 ft runs. Front end is an Apple Airport Express streaming Tidal…….definitely looking to upgrade to a more modern streamer-and DAC at <$1000 US sometime in the not too distant future but LOVING this setup right now. It does seem to benefit from a good bit of speaker placement/room treatment tweaking…