Intergrated Amp suggestions for B&W 805d4

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and to any music forum for that matter.  I have been reading a lot of threads here that I have been informative and helpful.

I am looking to match an intergrated amp with the new 805s, and would very much appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.

I have listened with the Naim Atom and Nova and personally, whilst  I liked the detail, I found it too forward and fatiguing.  With the Hegel 390, I found the bass rounder but top end more forward. With the Musical Fidelity M5si, I much preferred this sound as it was rounder and softer yet detailed but less detailed than the Naim.  (Apologies if I use the wrong audiophile terminology, I am unfamiliar with these terms but I am only using what I feel best fits with my discription of sound)

A few people have recommended the MA252 and MA 352 from McIntosh as they advised that this will soften the diamond tweeter and also bring warmth and extension to the bass.  Others have recommended tube amps like Prima Luna.

i have never owned or had any experience with tube amps.

Any suggestions, info or advice  for a good amp to match my speakers?

Thank you in advance.

ezikl

I recommend the Luxman L-509X.  I own one and I haven’t read any bad reviews, but you know your ears are the final court of arbitration.

What wattage is considered high, how do find this out as it’s not spelled out in the specs most of the time?  Cheers

Since all watts are not created equal, I was hoping to read some opinions related to this subject.

Sorry if already mentioned and I missed, but, if you can find used anywhere available to you, an Ayre AX-5 or AX-5e (not the newer 20 series) The original AX-5, to my ears, for ultra detailed diamond speakers like the B&W Ds and the Raidho diamond speakers, is a perfect match - with a beautiful balance of musicality and a most natural presentation of detail and dynamics.

To me, some of the newer models, ie the Ayre 20 series and others, are overly dark and detailed, to the point of sounding a bit cynical, If you can find, the original Ayre integrated, AX-5 or a Bryston 4B, sst-2 (power amp model before the cubed) with a tubed pre. would be a very nice match for your B&Ws.

Best of luck.......Jim