Has the cost of HiFi gotten a bit too much?

I don't have any specific example but just from looking at it overall, it seems like high-end components prices have really risen more than inflation.  

Or may be it is must me?

andy2
Post removed 

we collectively are all really best off sticking to hifi oriented discussions...

anonymous forums without disclosing what qualifications and orientations folks have to discuss politics and macro economic policy creates only heat, and sheds zero light -- it isn’t like anyone with strongly held views will be convinced by anyone else with opposing views, right?

so let’s try to stick to what this place is meant to be about

Wait until the United States starts writing checks for $trillions to rebuild Ukraine.  We will contribute 90% to rebuild Ukraine.  We should send a bill to Russia.  Perhaps tell Russia we will lift some of the sanctions if they pay to rebuild.  As I see it, what does Ukraine have left after their buildings have been destroyed?  We will pay 90% of the cost and allow our allies to take complete advantage of us.

What do the citizens of Ukraine have left to live in?  How many years will they have to wait until they have a place to live?  I think we need to send Putin the bill.  If he doesn't respond with action, then enforce even more sanctions.

And now that all the political nonsense is out of the way, let’s address the OP’s actual question. Is the price of high end equipment raising faster than inflation. YES. And the reason is very simple. Suppliers of any product will charge the maximum price the market has shown it is willing to pay. We audiophiles are not special in this reguard. Just ask anyone who has bought a Harley, or Porsche, or any number of other luxury brands. Who’s really responsible, just look in the mirror. As long as we are willing to fork over the cash, the supplier is willing to raise the price. If you’re not happy paying more, then shop the used market and pay less.