American Made Audio Products

I just came upon this and wondered if anyone else has seen this website. I try to support the home team when I can so this is interesting, at least as a resource, and not a sales tool. I apologize in advance if I’m late to the game on this but interesting to hear anyones thoughts, knowledge, etc. Thanks. https://americanmadeaudio.com/

128x128dinov

Nice graphs.  What are they of?  I have no idea. Who cares?  I can draw some graphs of Bose 901's that look wonderful--their ads have young, serious-looking men in long white lab coats and Buddy Holly glasses standing around with clipboards attesting to their "accuracy."  I am still laughing, 50 years later...

What I DO KNOW is that any box, horn, electrostat, ANYTHING other than Maggies changes what you put into it.

YOU may find that pleasing--in my shop, I sold you whatever you liked since we ran a business.  BUT, when the doors closed and we put the BEST STUFF into every speaker we had, only one reproduced what we put into it exactly.

Deal with it.

I have owned three pair of Magneplanars (including one pair currently), and the Eminent Technology LFT-4 and LFT-8b. None of them are perfect, Neither are my QUAD ESL's, or the Infinity RS-Ib I formerly owned.

Anyone who claims ANY loudspeaker to be distortion-free has smoked too much LSD. 

@richopp

Nice graphs. What are they of?

ANYTHING other than Maggies changes what you put into it.

The graphs are the frequency response of several Magnepan models. The input is a flat line. The speaker response isn’t. Distortion is defined as output ≠ input.