Why do I need power management if I have a great power cord?

Isn't it kind of unnecessary to additionally add a power conditioner if I have an expensive audio file grade Power cord connected to a component?

So you buy a Power conditioner from a hi-fi store and they say oh, you need a really good power cord to go with that and then another one to go from conditioner to the component. Do you need it all and why? Seems the last couple of feet before the component should be more than enough.

jumia

On my system power cables do make a difference with power conditioner or similar such devices. I use two WyWires Juice II Platinum HC power cables on my Nordost  QB4, one feeding the QB4 and off from that one feeding my amp. It clearly is noticeable changing out power cables. I’m evaluating at the moment a Nordost Valhalla II PC feeding my PS Audio P10 and it is noticeably different than the WyWires Juice II Silver HC I own and currently use. Dedicated circuits definitely make a difference as well, but system dependent. Before dedicated circuits my Pass X250 was a little on the lean side and lacked authority; adding dedicated circuits opened up the Pass and extended and controlled the bottom end. I ran No.10 to my amp and another No.12 circuit to the rest of my system. Best just to try for yourself and not be steered one way or another by others.

@raysmtb1 Pretty sure guys paying $37k for a cable are not going to drive a $37k car.  

@atmasphere great discussion of these two power conditioners.  I wonder 2 things: 

1.  How much load do they add?  To supply a 400W amp does the load (and heat in the room) go up to 800 watts?

2.  Are these expensive high end units able to totally eliminate transformer hum?

thanks, 
Jerry

I guess all the "me too" posts makes it official:
they don't know what they're talking about.

All the best,
Nonoise

+1

Isn't it curious how one side says:  I hear things 👍🏼 and the other side calls those people stupid.

I will just throw this into the mix. If you take a look at the box that contains your circuit breakers for the house you will probably find that all the lines that run through your house have 12 gauge copper wire. So explain to me why anyone would think that they need 10 gauge or thicker running the last couple of feet from the plug to the amplifier.