Is it me? Will I ever be satisfied?

As we have become empty nesters, we put together or are putting together a nice dedicated two channel system consisting of B&W 804 D3, Levinson No. 333 ( this is an older amp 20+ years old), McIntosh C22 (just purchased) in which I have already upgraded the tubes, Linn Lp12 TT, Blue Sound for streaming.  I am using Transparent balanced cables and Transparent speaker cables - not sure of the exact model, but all Transparent cables are close to 20 years old as well.

My questions, while I think the system sounds good - even really good.  I don't think it sounds great.  I recently purchased the C22 to be used with the No. 333 which I replaced a McIntosh MA252, which i really like and use in another system, it didn't have enough power.  My room is our garage which we converted to a playroom years ago.  It is approximately 25' and 20' wide.  We sit about 12' from the speakers which are at one end of the room .. While I realize that this hobby or lifestyle can be never ending....  I am considering upgrading the cables next and last but not least, add a new Amp, McIntosh MC462 or MC312.

Wanted to get some feedback, thoughts, in site, advice what you experience, am I missing anything?  Thanks

goducks44

Quick answer: NO.  You have an addiction , a fever, and you will never be satisfied until and if the fever/addiction tempers and washes through you.  Eventually you'll get over missing the arrival of the new toy and the hearing the new sound, maybe.  If you have the cash now, you may really be in for the long hall though because the temptation spend money is strong.  But just in case you want to drop another $6,000, get a Holo Audio May KTE to feed from your Bluesound Node.  I did that with my C2700, MC611s and Legacy Focus SEs, huge sound improvement.  I feel like my fever is starting to ebb.  Maybe.

@goducks44 , can you ever be satisfied? Yes, absolutely. The problem is that you have to know what you like and how to get there without spinning your wheels.

If you are unhappy with the sound of your system it is far more than likely that you are unhappy with your speakers and room. While electronics particularly amplifiers do make a difference they are at best 10% of the show. 

Before you spend more money you need to find all the dealers near you and listen to as many speakers as you can. Shows will be starting up again. Do your research and take your time. Good speakers will last you a life time. Do not shy away from listening to very expensive systems. You have to have points of reference. Listen to all types of speakers, horns and planars. point source and line source. If you have any small clubs near you go listen to live music, another point of reference. 

Once you have the right speakers you have to deal with the room in the context of those loudspeakers. If you want to be scientific about it get one of these so you can see what you have to do and measure the results. 

I have the mc452 with BW speakers but only use it to run the subwoofer. 

JC 5 runs the main speakers. Bluesound is good but they need an external DAC to really sing. Since you are in a garage,  try a room correction software.  That really helps 

Godducks44

The room is close to square, which is not great acoustically. Judicious acoustic treatment will help, as will getting the speakers away from room boundaries.

Have you gotten less satisfied with the tonal balance of the system since the amplification change?. In that case, the Levinson 333 may be your issue.

Personally, I found that the Madrigal era Levinsons could be a little sterile sounding.

I hope you don’t have the pool table between you and the speakers....

Before anything else, like others have pointed out, try to find the best place for the speakers in combination with your listening place. And don’t be too close to the wall behind you. And...turn the bass down. Bass is essential but too much bass kills the music. Buy a mic and use REW to measure your room response.