Looks like PS Audio has a hit on their hands with the new speaker

I know that many here may not take the PS Audio FR30 seriously as a speaker.

I totally get that (as no one has even heard it) however based on the designer and 

goals, years of development, I was very optimistic.  Plus I knew the speaker would work well with my BHK300 amps.  Not that I’m in the market for speakers, but wish I was. 

Here’s the first owner report, who previously had Maggies.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/fr-30-in-da-house/27902/18

Would love to hear these for myself, as I’m a sucker for new driver designs.

Anyone who has heard these, please post your impressions.

Would love to hear them in the New York tri state area or south Florida.  

emailists

@jl35 Legacy Audio Classic HD speakers, Legacy i.V2 amp, Black Ice Audio F360 tube line stage, ifi Zen Stream (wirelessly, remote Roon Nucleus+; I don't have fiber ethernet to that room yet) to ifi NEO. 

Yes, he most probably was exaggerating the total price of the system and I shouldn't have included that tidbit without verifying first. My apologies. I've never been to PS Audio so I don't know how that system is configured. Maybe someone else who has visited can fill in the blanks.

Like any other speaker, please get a good audition before purchasing.

That's certainly a fine system, vinylvalet, as you know, and hear...

Paul is a smart guy but I've never thought of an electronics company as a speaker company but I'm sure that they sound good.

But, there really is a LOT of superb competition in that price range, at least IMO.

You guys haven’t been out lately to shows have you? Have you seen what’s on the market these days for $28k? I attended the Florida audio expo a few weeks ago and most of the speakers cost more than you he PSA speakers and they sounded like crap. The fink 2 way was $33,500 on special and my small revel floorstanding speakers sound better. I also listened to the bigger speakers across the aisle and they sounded decent but they were $120k. My large ushers sound better than these and I bet the PSA speakers would sound better too. 

As for trade tag reviews, you know ahead of time they are going to be the best of the best since PSA pays for ads in these mags. 
BTW, the 2nd install YouTube video of the PSA speakers were from a guy that replaced his rockports which are pretty good speakers. 

From what I understand these are made in China (confirmed by Paul on a PS Audio forum thread), which is disappointing to me. If I’m buying a pair of $28k speakers I would expect them to be manufactured in Europe or USA. Of course PS Audio is all about value at price point so it makes sense. I’d rather buy a used pair of YGs.