Are there speakers that disappear regardless of the recording?

I have a pair of B&W 805d3’s. Strictly analog system. Source is the Clearaudio Ovation, Hana SL cart. Herron VTPH-2A phono stage. Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II integrated amp. The speakers sound great most of the time. I have many records that cause the speakers to essentially disappear with a holographic sound stage, beautiful imaging and great dynamics. Some other records, not so much. Curious if there’s a way to achieve disappearing speakers no matter what recording you throw at them? Thanks!

paulgardner

Frankly I have an elchepo Recel RSB106 and a 10 year old Velodyne servo powered sub with a new dangled Antham AVM 70 and a 15 year old Adcom GFA 7400 5x 125 or 150 whatever and a Bluesound streamer part old and part brand new and it will kick the crap  out of your B&W whatever’s.

The only ones I suggest are Magneplaners, but you need to have them set-up properly and you need quality hardware.  They only reproduce what you give them, so speak to a good dealer and have them set up IN YOUR ROOM and see what you think.

Don't listen to any of us; make up your own mind ONCE YOU LISTEN.

Cheers!