Are there speakers that disappear regardless of the recording?

I have a pair of B&W 805d3’s. Strictly analog system. Source is the Clearaudio Ovation, Hana SL cart. Herron VTPH-2A phono stage. Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II integrated amp. The speakers sound great most of the time. I have many records that cause the speakers to essentially disappear with a holographic sound stage, beautiful imaging and great dynamics. Some other records, not so much. Curious if there’s a way to achieve disappearing speakers no matter what recording you throw at them? Thanks!

paulgardner
We are fortunate to own 40 year old full range electrostatics and they disappear in 95% of the recordings when we added a Class A tube integrated amp last year. Really enjoying the system now.

Yes from the smaller MBL 126 omni directional Loudspeakers all the way up to their Top 111 , they are great Loudspeakers !! 

my thiels "disappear" on all but ping-pong stereo records. and that is without any kind of special amp or other upstream electronics.

My ancient Mirage M3 bipoles, as well as my LSA small bookshelf speakers (wide dispersion) disappear no matter the recording.. I gather this works for omnis also. Caveat is that while you get a wide soundstage, if precise imaging is important, I’d listen before buying as you may not get what you want.

My analog input 1983 active Meridian M-20 & M-100 loudspeakers are hologram generators.