What do the different tube amp types mean?

Can someone please explain in simple terms what the different Tube amps do and soundlike? ALso, what makes a Tube different from another? >> SET, PushPull, Triode, Pentode, Ultralinear, Class A, etc;
bbchem
Ralph,The OTL is only using one DHT tube and 2 other tubes,3 tubes total per ch.,Audiophiles are looking for the best sound, just like the Atmas,that you claimed they are the best for the money.Are we  looking practicality or sound quality?
Post removed 

Hi All,

Right now I an listening to Jimmy Rogers "Blue Bird" and am rocking! 

I recently pulled the trigger on a pair of Klipsch Forte iv speakers (8 ohm and 99dbl efficient) in order to hear what more efficient speakers can sound like. This is with a CJ LP66S amp, which at 60 wpc, is much more than enough power.

Anyway, I am liking what I am hearing and wondered what tube amp topology is a "better" fit for a horn loaded speaker? And, in layman's terms why is this so?

I think I read somewhere that less negative feedback is important for horns to sound good. Heck, I do not even know what topology the CJ amp is so I am looking for guidance. I can tell you the Fortes are awful with my McCormack DNA-500 amp, which sounds wonderful with my power hungery Thiels.

Thanks for listening,

Dsper

Enjoy !!!   I love my Forte IV ,  that’s after a year of ownership ….    I upgraded my preamp and will soon have a 300b amp to pair with them.  They responds well to good electronics.  I tried mine with my brothers Aragon amp and it just wasn’t the same as my Quicksilver 40 watt EL34 amps .