Grounding cable gauge size

For those of you using external grounding source devices, units such as Entreq, Nordost, Synergistic, etc. What size wire gauge seems to work the best?

ozzy

128x128ozzy

Very impressive box ingredient list and system Wow!  I took a much simpler tact (on my modest system) after doing limited research with positive results as well. I made 2- 6x6 boxes from scrape melamine wood. Lined inside with copper plates and conductive copper tape. Filled with 45% rock salt, 45% horticulture charcoal, 10% fines and 1” pieces of tourmaline.  Used basic OFC copper 16 ga speaker wire +/- twisted together with spades and banana plugs. One box has both speaker - connected.  Second box is plugged into wall outlet ground only and connected to the chassis grounds on my power conditioner and TT preamp.  Substantial SQ improvement. I have pics on my system list.

What steps have you taken to avoid redundancy, and ensure that all the listed ingredients are active, and indeed serve a useful purpose in the functioning of the grounding box?

I’ve followed the Entreq website of listed ingredients along with installing of an electrical outlet on my grounding box that serves my dac and server. The only difference is that I’ve plugged the grounding box into my conditioner vs the wall outlet Entreq states , for me in my system it yields better results. 

I also used more wires and material in my box previously , then I read the updated Entreq site and others where they use a single 2 meter long silver wire with multiple layers of ingredients and multiple compartments and implemented the same.

I’d say for me the biggest improvements in SQ was following Entreq in the size and weight of the grounding box matches the size od component it’s grounding.

My amp box is bigger and weights more then my Accuphase A 65 amp and that made a huge difference vs the smaller box I used previously. The amp weights over 90 lbs and the new grounding box had to be filled at the desired location because I wasn’t going to pick it up and move it at 60 yrs old.

This looks like a galvanic cell as opposed to a battery. So something as simple as a copper wire with aluminum sheet that makes the current pass through a conductive medium like graphene or the like should draw "noise" out of the wire to the larger surface of aluminum or equivalent. Still researching.

sounds like a worthwhile avenue of research; if you can shed more light on the functionality of earth boxes and simplify their construction kudos on you..