High Fidelity Cable replaces NPS 1260

The product is going to be called NPS Q45T. Not out yet, but on their Facebook page.

68pete

I would never buy anything from Synergistics Research.

I would rather go without. Tom

@vinylshadow I got your PM but Agon needs to review my response since it has my contact info so not sure if you'll get my reply. Needless to say, I'm happy to share my bottle with you.

-Alex

It did seem a rather desperate business model, to have 60% sales regularly.  The first time you do a sale with that deep a discount you bring in a load of cash which can help short term cash flow issues. The problem is it’s like a drug and you soon become dependent on the deep discount sale, especially since customers know one will be coming soon and hold back spend until that time. So ultimately your margins are slashed as almost all sales are at the deep discount.  Second hand prices crash too, which lowers the brand value.    

Anytime I see these levels of discounts offered by a business repeatedly, it’s a warning that the company is in trouble. 

@duckworp

That’s exactly right. And customers get used to wanting that sort of discount permanently.

When I saw those 60% off sales I either thought they were cleaning house to release a new line of products or were in trouble. It turned out to be the latter.

It did not help that last year they changed the website over from an informational website to a shopify shopping cart. All the info, reviews, sales pitch was dumped for product cart listings. An ecommerce site is fine for cheaper items, but I do not think it would work with expensive high end products like HFC had. I suspect it hurt sales in the end.

But one thing I never see on audiogon is a huge amount of 2nd hand product, considering the success of the brand. People tend to keep their HFC cables, because they really perform at a higher level.