High Fidelity Cable replaces NPS 1260

The product is going to be called NPS Q45T. Not out yet, but on their Facebook page.

68pete

Showing 9 responses by agisthos

Go create a nano-flo thread and post about it there. I genuinely hope its better than the HFC stuff.

But a couple of you are blatantly spamming your commercial interests here.

This thread should be reserved for HFC and the serious discussion of whether these guys are going to get their 10's of thousands of dollars in purchases refunded or delivered upon.

@whostolethebatmobile Are we sure Rick is using Stabilent 22 as the dilute base?

I want to try this stuff on not just an audio system, but on the spark plug and battery connections on my classic BMW.

From late 2011 when Rick launched HFC, to late 2014 I helped on the digital side. I did all the website, marketing, banners, lightbox photography of all the products, contacted a heap of reviewers and websites to promote e.t.c

So apart from Rick and his wife (who was building all the early cables), I was the only other person. I was not an employee and not remunerated one single dollar, I just did it to be involved with what I sensed to be a cutting edge signal technology, which it was. No other cables come close.

Rick is a genius designer, passionate, huge hearted, and as all people like this, best suited to designing and inventing new products, not the dull minutiae of running a business. He could also be a difficult person and would burn bridges when he was provoked.

He told me even though the GFC had sent Virtual Dynamics under (with sales dropping 90%) it had been 10 years and things with VD had run its course. It’s now been exactly 10 years with HFC and the same thing seems to has occurred, with COVID sending them under.

Supply chain issues would hurt HFC most of all because Rick has almost everything custom made, not much is off the shelf. For example the initial CT-1 RCA connector has almost 40 different parts (in a single connector!)

Rick will be back and energised in a year or two with a slew of new products, no doubt about it.

I expect that Rick has dropped making cables for the time being and his new venture will be focused on these new contact enhancer products only.

Entirely speculation, but using deduction.

'IF' Rick comes back with another venture, I suspect he will not start out with the cables, due to complexity and cost of custom manufactured cables like HFC.

He will probably start with the new contact enhancer technology. But I am certain he will come back to cables at some point as it's his passion.

But one thing I never see on audiogon is a huge amount of 2nd hand product, considering the success of the brand. People tend to keep their HFC cables, because they really perform at a higher level.

@duckworp

That’s exactly right. And customers get used to wanting that sort of discount permanently.

When I saw those 60% off sales I either thought they were cleaning house to release a new line of products or were in trouble. It turned out to be the latter.

It did not help that last year they changed the website over from an informational website to a shopify shopping cart. All the info, reviews, sales pitch was dumped for product cart listings. An ecommerce site is fine for cheaper items, but I do not think it would work with expensive high end products like HFC had. I suspect it hurt sales in the end.

I realise how difficult it is when a business goes under, and there will always be a few customers caught out during the transition period.

But HFC did a recent 60% off sale and probably took in a substantial amount of orders. I wonder how many of those orders will now not be delivered.

If you are within the credit card chargeback window you need to move fast and contact your bank or paypal.