Feel free to talk me off the ledge

Just picked up my new Rogue RP-1 from a dealer. That coupled with my Rogue Atlas, then to my Klipsch Heresy IV's with an SVS PB2000 pro has me over the moon right now. But funny thing happened at the dealer.. I couldn't help myself, I listened to some other speakers. I'm an idiot, a glutton, a fool. As you can imagine I'm now about a third the way down the rabbit hole. 

At the dealer I was enchanted by a pair of Golden ear BRX monitors, they were so sweet, airy and open. Can't stop thinking about them.

Now I'm looking at:

Paradigm founder 80F

Tyler Time Keepers

The Golden Ear BRX

Vandersteen's among others..

Am I nuts? should I join a support group (other than the other one I'm already in) ?

Feedback always appreciated 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xdoyle3433

Congratulations,

You may find that you like both speakers for different reasons, as the two are both great speakers but each of a different character.

Maybe over time you could build separate systems around each - complementing and bringing out the best of both.

I still have an older pair of PSB Stratus Gold i, that I set up in my AV room and still love for playing my old 80s rock and big band. They do so many things so well, I doubt that I’ll ever get rid of them.

Most often I’m in the mood for something more subtle and laid back (light jazz, light-rock, Celtic, old country, old crooners, etc) and spend evening hours in my main audio room, relaxing to the Maggies and tubes.

Enjoy the music and the journey.....Jim

@tim_p ....someone always does, eventually... ;)

It's not a rabbit hole, which have limits and an end....it's a black hole, which puts you into Punky's Dilemma...kinda...

not a very high ledge, a story off the ground, maybe even a split level ledge.  

what good is that?

you can do better!

My friend, you are not nuts you have been made aware of a different sound quality of speakers. The depth, height and technology of a speaker matters greatly. My suggestion for you would be to explore the Heritage models further. Something relative about the sound quality of the Klipsch made you stop and take notice, which was most likely the clarity of the highs and midrange drivers. However, the speakers you listed as replacements have lower hertz frequencies than the Klipsch you purchased, not to mention your klipsch project considerably lower from the ground. The Forte IV or the Cornwall would have you wondering for certain.

At this point, however, I cannot imagine you ever being satisfied with your listing space now that you have the knowledge and ear for more. So go for it and be satisfied.

All the best