For all you Bose 901 Haters!

rankaudio
Now that everyone has had their fun, can we know the artists/album? I liked that part of the presentation. Thanks

I had double Advents that I drove with a modded Marantz7C and a kit-built Ampzilla. Stack that up against 901’s driven by anything!

This is the very late series II Using Phase-Linear 4000 pre amp and two 400 amps that i use in my garage. Can shake the blocks.Image preview

Went to a Bose dealer 1978 or so advertised special one night show.  It was in Tempe, AZ.  Huge Macintosh mono blocks and preamp.  A Revox B77 (?) rtr for source playing a master tape at 15 ips.  It sounded awesome, but not enough for me to give up my ESS Heil AMT4s.  Only song I remember was RS Sympathy for the Devil.  Never owned a pair of Bose speakers.  One of my 10-inch woofers blew out, went down to the local speaker recone shop.  He took one look at the very cheap ESS woof and brought out a pair of Bose 10's.  Price was right, they were a lot better than the OEMs and were good for another 15 years.  Rankaudio Magnepans are very picky about their location in the room-4 to 5 feet from back wall, 3 feet from side walls.  Imagining has always been very good.