CLASS D MONO AMPS buy ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS

CLASS D AMPLIFIER TECHNOLOGY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED TO OUTPERFORM ALL OTHER TOPOLOGIES 

The Amplifier is the New Class D Mono Amps using GaN Fets in a unique Patented
Circlotronic output stage…Design by Ralph Karsten of ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS 

Rated at 100 watts 8 ohms and 200 watts 4 ohms with low distortion across the full audio bandwidth with excellent noise characteristics 

I have been using ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS MA-1 3.0 with all factory upgrades along with NOS 6NS7 Input Tubes for many years 

The New ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D has outperformed my MA-1 3.0 in all areas…the resolution and transparency are simply an Amazing Accomplishment

Also I sold my MP-3 mk 3.0 and purchased the New MP-3 mk3.3

In my Audio opinion I believe the ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D MONO AMPS used with the MP-3 mk3.3 will offer one of the most transparent sounding electronics combinations to date…only using the MP-1 mk3.3 will offer more performance 

I have used other High End Amplifiers in my system and the ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D MONO AMPS outperformed all of them as well

Music Lover…Audiophile…Retired Audio/Video Engineer over 45 years 

Thanks for Reading 

TubeGuy 45

tubeguy45

Class D is about the needs for addressing increasing demand on our collective electrical supply. Not just quantity but, quality(s) and reliability, too.

This statement appears false. Class D offers the possibility of using loop negative feedback in a way that was previously not possible due to stability concerns.

Legacy solid state and tube designs lack the Gain Bandwidth Product needed to support very high amounts of feedback. This causes the amplifier to have increasing distortion with frequency, resulting in harshness and brightness since the ear assigns tonality to distortion.

In addition the prior art has issues with phase margins in the design. Adding too much feedback can cause oscillation. For these reasons feedback has gotten a bad reputation with music lovers.

Class D offers a way around those problems.

Last then there is the TCO (total cost of ownership).  Is this approach really a sustainable business model?  Is blending Tubes & GaFNET, Helper Circuits & Class D just greater uncertainty (Heisenberg/Schrödinger)?

'Apparently.' for the first. Your so-called 'Helper circuits' are class D modules so do not warrant a separate classification; the Ghent stuff uses Icepower modules so isn't a thing.  So winnowing out that bit of confusion, the answer then becomes 'no'.

“Class D is about the needs for addressing increasing demand on our collective electrical supply. Not just quantity but, quality(s) and reliability, too.”

LED lighting has had a massive impact on power consumption in the USA. I recall seeing a graph maybe 2-3 years ago that illustrated how LED lighting had changed the relationship between economic growth and energy consumption. E.g. for the first time in history electrical consumption did not track economic growth. 

Systems-of-systems-of-systems is a perspective challenge.  

I suspect few, if any, have measured the noise floor on the neutral at their home or work site. Particularly, over multiple-time studies of more than 1 year. 

There is much more worth learning about from DOE, ESRI, NRCC, IEEE (e.g. Greenbook) and the AFRLs have much more to offer. 

Caeteris Paribus is deflective, at best.  Quixotic still.   

Between the GPR/EPR and then the neutral floor noise rise, the advance of the NIST-F2 clock integration, RF energy harvesting & distribution, more consumer DC appliances, EV charging stations...bucolic reminiscence will only provide more melancholy than fidelity.  

I am confident that Ralph's GaN amps will be/are awesome.

I just wrote this on another thread: FWIW: My experience with class D goes back to PS audio GCC 250, which I still use in my video system, but in my 2 channel audio Ive had several W4S, Emerald Physics 100.2SEs, Audio Alchemy DPA-1 (excellent sound but I need a lot power in my room), PSA M700s (also soundd nice), EVS 1200 which I raved about for a year UNTIL it was replaced with a LSA Voyager 350 GaN amp. The Voyager is ~ half the power of the EVS, and yet sounds twice as room filling. From this experience IMO, GaN is so superior (at lease when done right) to conventional class D that it SHOULD have a separate designation. Switching Speed is the juice