The New Lampizator Horizon DAC

On Saturday, I was lucky enough to be invited to the unofficial launch of the all-new Lampizator Horizon DAC in Los Angeles.  I have a Pacific and love it but I was intrigued to experience whether the Horizon was that much better.  So, My wife and I drove the 6 hours from Arizona to attend.  

The event had about 18 people in attendance and featured Lukasz Fikus, the owner and brains behind Lampizator.  We had a 5-hour listening session which included direct A/B comparisons between the Pacific and the Horizon, operating the Horizon without a preamp, and finally tube rolling.

My impressions were the Lampizator created a DAC that could change people's minds on comparing digital to vinyl,  The amount of detail, smoothness, clarity, speed was incredible.   For those interested in tube rolling the options are almost endless and I heard firsthand many different tube combinations which changed the SQ of the music.  Finally, at the end of the session, we ran the Horizon without a preamp.  The preamp used in the system was Lamm and the whole system was well over $700k.  So we are talking about a very high-end component grouping.   IMO, the Horizon DAC delivered about 95% of the sound without a Preamp.  It was super hard to discern any differences in SQ.

This DAC was so good that I ended up ordering one.  For anyone going to the Tampa Audio show, Lukasz Fikus will be there to officially launch the Horizon to the world this weekend.  It is definitely worth a listen.

willgolf

LoLZZZZ … All the LampizatOr Fan/Rich boys have been activated 🤨

ugamotz

Member since Jan 14, 2001
Country USA

Marketplace feedback →

Discussions started 0
Responses 11

@willgolf : congratulations on your new DAC.

Don’t be discouraged by the usual few naysayers & crazies who post in all threads. Ignore them, although I know it’s hard to ignore the ridiculous comments (guilty as charged in ignoring them).

I appreciate your courage to post here. I am sure many folks do.

@tsushima1

Are you being serious !?!? Calling out folks who might not even earn $50K a year penny pinchers for expressing their view …

A couple of observations that I hope are taken in context and with respect.

$50 grand isn’t what it used to be. Full time, that’s about $24 per hour with no OT. Where I live, dishwashers start above that rate.

Second observation, its seems pretty clear to me that the OP wasn’t engaged in a look at me kind of move...in fact, he probably wasn’t seeking pricing input from anyone, whether they make $50k/yr or $5million/yr.

It seems quite obvious that someone spending this amount on a dac isn’t asking for anyone’s financial advice, let alone a financial opinion....on an audio site....from anonymous posters.

@willgolf Congratulations on your new Dac I've listened to Lampi Dacs but only in the context of CAF I'm sure they sound fantastic though hard to tell in a show system. And congrats to the others who have them on the way also.

@willgolf that is awesome and I am happy for you.

Enjoy it and do not let these negative Nancy Boyz discourage you. You earned it now go and get it, they will never know the satisfaction.