Sony SCD-777ES vs current Players

I have been using my Sony SCD-777ES SACD Player for 10 years without any problems, it's built like a tank and sounds great to me.

However, I'm looking to buy a new Blu-Ray player and wonder how current universal players compare with my machine in terms of Audio playback of CDs and the occasional SACD.
Also, how do modern stand alone CD players compare with it?
Am I able to improve on the sound quality with a modest outlay?

Thanks for your help.
ecosse_011172
I have a 9 year old parts connexion modded Shanling T-200 CD player and just sold my new 7 month old 5400ES. On Sony, bass was a little better and a smidgen more detail but Shanling was more musical and analog sounding. And looks better. The heavy aluminum frame on Shanling probably helps block out RFI. Plus it looks way cool.
I have both 777es and oppo 95. The 777 taks minutes to load sacd. The 95 has fan which is annoying. For two channnel, the 777 is good and oppo is better. For multi-channel, the oop is much capable. The oppo can also play my sacd backup in iso format. Never heard scd5400. In my music listening experience, the most import is the music itself and recording. The pursuing of perfection of equipment will never end and not necessary.
The 105 doesn't have a fan so that wouldn't be an issue.
I could probably sell the SCD-777ES for the price of a new 105.
Hmmmm...
i suspect that the sony is more musical when your source is redbook. oppo cd players, unless modified are a bit on the not side.