New Synergistic Product: Tuning Discs

I was lucky enough to be asked to try out a prototype of a new Synergistic Research product. For now, I think they are calling it a Tuning disc.

What it looks like is a small wafer (smaller than a dime and is very thin). They are either in gold or purple tops and are attached using some tacking substance. I placed 2 on top of my Shunyata Sigma V2 interconnects.

I wasn’t expecting much but whoa, did these things work! First, I tried the purple on my interconnects and boy did the soundstage widen with lots of air.

Then I tried the gold discs and though the sound stage shrunk perhaps a little but the naturalness of the music was fantastic!

Hard to believe that these things work so well, I am really impressed.

ozzy

128x128ozzy

I surely hope so. Alfred Kainz from High End Electronics did not have any answer to this question, and did not know when they would be available for sale. Perhaps @ted_denney can clarify? Also Ted, when is the new Atmosphere SX Reference USB going to be released?

What a shame that we still see unscientific rubbish still populating what should be a clean and honest audio enthusiasts forum.

There should be no product advertising here. Instead we get people sponsored to show their products need to be in the advertising columns.

Adrian 🇦🇺

There should be no product advertising here. Instead we get people sponsored to show their products need to be in the advertising columns.

Adrian 🇦🇺

I agree 100%. I don't care if these things work or not that isn't the point.

I've mentioned this before and actually flagged this thread as being advertising. It's ruining this forum.

Not saying I disagree and one can draw other conclusions from the content of this discussion…..I think Ozzie honestly was reporting his findings. I know manufacturers have sent advance product to members hoping for this type result. Creating a buzz. 

If people where less on the influence of marketting publicity and more attune to acoustic method they will be no more subjectivistic consumers of ready made solutions or objectivistic nihilist... These 2 opposite disctinction make no sense in an acoustic tuning process where subjectivity and objectivity serve one another...

Then denouncing these products like someone just said even if they work is fanaticism...Not science...

And buying them and thinking all problem are solved is a delusion...

But acoustic is too complex for simple mind it seems...

There is place for everyone able to give information in audiogon even if he is a seller...If it is a gentleman... Why not?  If not a gentleman ..... Drop it....