Here is my beef

I have enjoyed learning so much about Audio through What's Best Forum and Audiogon over the last 8 years.  I have many new audio friends from around the world as a result of these forums.  In some cases, I want to explore even more information from individuals on certain topics and threads.  Sure you can send an email through Audiogon to individuals but in a lot of cases, I would love to contact this person directly by phone or personal email.  I am not selling products behind Audiogon's back.  I just want to communicate and have a discussion with people on these forums on a more personal level.   I can do it on WBF but not on Audiogon.  They do not allow phone numbers or personal emails.  That sucks.

Oh wait, I have another bitch.  I am functionally blind and in order to send this message, I have to identify traffic signals which I can't frickking see.  That is BS and discriminatory.  

willgolf

That is BS and discriminatory.  

We all hate the robot BS. Seems like it's been turned off. 

What's stopping you or someone who's contacting you through a PM from sharing phone numbers and emails? In every instance I've had with someone here through a PM, there was nothing to stop or prohibit me (or them) from asking for a phone number or an email. 

I don't do that myself, but the option to is there.

All the best,
Nonoise

Nonoise, this feature is called CAPTCHA and it IS discriminatory to persons with poor vision. I was bitchin' this feature too so OP isn't alone. Check my posts.