Tube Integrated vs Tube Seperates

I’m looking into buying a tube setup.  Thinking it will be Primaluna because I find tube amps a bit intimidating and I will be putting lots of hours on it. Because these factors Primaluna seems like at least a good place to start for me. Thanks to all who gave me there impressions in my previous post about Primaluna.  Anyway, looking for people’s take on tube integrated vs tube seperates. Really what I’m looking for in the move is more holographic soundstage, bloom, air, and an over all more lifelike presentation. Will I get more of these qualities by going Dialogue preamp into Dialogue amp, or with the Dialogue HP integrated, or will it be very similar?  Any thoughts are much appreciated 

brylandgoodman

Quicksilver does get some great reviews. My issue is more cosmetic with them. I really prefer all of the connections to be on one side, and that side should be the back. Just can’t get on board with there looks, and cables coming out both sides before they get routed behind my rack. 

You're overthinking your curiosity about trying tubes

All the mag/user reviews established the brand for a 18 years now as a go to for tube curious.

There are a few good PL listings to check out. Escospecially the Dialogue monoblocks.

Happy user since 2010. Sure there are nearly endless choices with another brand having "X" feature, but PL will likely match it with  overall value for what you get. Build quality is second to none.

There is always something "better" with ALL audio gear, so get that out of your decision process.

Forget about SET if worried 30-40 WPC not being enough. Heat will be of some concern, usually more heat with more power. I'd stick to push pull amps, fairly low power. Still like your PL inclinations as you can switch out a variety of power tubes with minimal fuss.

I owned my PL Dialogue Four (self modded with latest PL models Takman resistors and a few other extra mods) at same time as many multiples of price SET amps, I didn't feel deprived with PL. Don't let naysayers of PL throw you off. Not saying there's not other good choices, I've also owned Cary and Conrad Johnson push pulls, its just in same price range your comparing apples to apples.

Quicksilver does get some great reviews. My issue is more cosmetic with them. I really prefer all of the connections to be on one side, and that side should be the back

Aren't they on the back of the amp?

Aren't they on the back of the amp?

On some of the mono blocks the power is on one end and the input/outputs are on the other end.  I put the power plug in the front and loop the power cord under the amp, looks pretty clean.