Buyer Dispute

I would like to have some opinions of a remedy for this issue:

I purchased a pair of B&W 804D3 loudspeakers through Audiogon in August 2021. They were shipped in original containers by freight. The boxes arrived damaged with some holes in the boxes, but no damage to the speakers accept for one very small spot, which could be repaired with a drop of stain. However, neither tweeter was functioning. A multimeter revealed an open circuit across both voice coils. The seller said that they worked before shipping but offered to send me replacement tweeters under the previous owner' warranty which I agreed to. However, and here is the rub; Because of supply chain issues, Bowers and Wilkins did not, and still does not have the tweeters in stock. I have been waiting 6 months for the seller to provide the replacements from B&W, but they continue to be out of stock. In short, I paid nearly $7,000 in August 2021 for speakers that I still cannot listen to.

Any opinion on a path to resolution?

kirbymydog

OP contact the manufacture and see if they are available, FIRST. Ask what is the wait time and is there an alternative. Don't wait. I would also ask the manufacture's tech department what they think. Don't bellyache to the tech, just ask what would cause TWO tweeters to blow? 

1. oscillating amp

2. WAY to high of volume.

Result:

Blown tweeters and possible crossover.. ASK THE TECH!!! You'll see..

It's not a broken wire for god sakes X 2!!!! Fix your speakers or dump them broken, but don't wait..

There is only so much time to file a dispute.

Second, there is no warrantee if they been sold 2 times. There is a friggin' reason they were sold TWICE, RIGHT? He's trying to get you to do something illegal. That is what is really happening. Make him aware, he gets to pull that one off and can sell you the tweeters if he gets them before you do.

Understand YOU dictate the terms not the seller. Refund the money for the tweeters UNTILL they show up and 300.00 for installation. That is a good compromise until they actually come in. 6 months my A$$

I'm not gonna say "Sucker" just yet.. But we're getting close.

If it's in the states, I'd fly there, no kidding, if he's still there.. :-)

Come on dog, time to feed the chickens!

Regards

Thank you for replying.

Now this will really bake your noodle. The seller works for an authorized B&W retail store. He was selling these for a client. Here is the original Audiogon description.

“These speakers were purchased from my local dealer new in May 2020.  They are in perfect condition and are an amazing pair of speakers.  I decided to upgrade them to the store's demo pair of 802's.  The store personnel delivered and set them up originally, and they returned to box them back up for resale”.

This is easy.  Ask for your money back and have the seller arrange for shipment pick up at your home. Sorry you had to go through this hassle.