Buyer Dispute

I would like to have some opinions of a remedy for this issue:

I purchased a pair of B&W 804D3 loudspeakers through Audiogon in August 2021. They were shipped in original containers by freight. The boxes arrived damaged with some holes in the boxes, but no damage to the speakers accept for one very small spot, which could be repaired with a drop of stain. However, neither tweeter was functioning. A multimeter revealed an open circuit across both voice coils. The seller said that they worked before shipping but offered to send me replacement tweeters under the previous owner' warranty which I agreed to. However, and here is the rub; Because of supply chain issues, Bowers and Wilkins did not, and still does not have the tweeters in stock. I have been waiting 6 months for the seller to provide the replacements from B&W, but they continue to be out of stock. In short, I paid nearly $7,000 in August 2021 for speakers that I still cannot listen to.

Any opinion on a path to resolution?

kirbymydog
Post removed 

You should go back to the seller and renegotiate.  The long-term tweeter unavailability falls into the "act of God" concept.  You've upheld your part of the deal and the seller hasn't.  It may not be his fault, but, so what!

If you have been provided the tweeter order information, all you can do is wait. 

Agree with carlsbad and russ69. You need to stick with the deal you made unfortunately, as long as you have verified that the tweeters have indeed been ordered. It's a bad situation for you, but it's not the fault of the seller. I'm sure that he feels badly about it too.