聖HIJIRI Users thread

Based on a discussion with another forum member, I've been reading up on this Comback Corporation brand. The reviews I've found have been pretty positive, but I've also learned over the years to take all reviews with a grain of salt. So the purpose of this thread is for users to share their input on 聖HIJIRI cables. When you share, if you'd discuss what model of HIJIRI you demoed and what brands/models they were compared to, that'd be very helpful.

A little background: a few years ago I was reading the Audio Envy threads and decided to give them a try as the seemed to compete with much higher-priced cable.  So I decided to give AE a try. I found both the $179 P2 and the $279 M3 to easily best an Isotek power cord at $1k. So that got me thinking even more about value products. I was about to give Zavfino a try and then was given another recommendation to give HIJIRI a try. So this is how I got here. I'll be very interested to hear all user comments on HIJIRI and this should be a good repository for the brand.

Here is their website: www.combak.net

pokey77

@thyname, I think you have been misinformed. Resistance is not futile.

Resistance is Voltage divided by Current 🙄

Interesting thread though the Million range is beyond my allowance.  I'm keen to read more about the 'budget' line, particularly the interconnects.

Anyone wish to comment on the Hijiri digital cables?

Arigato gozaimasu!

@pokey77,

The Hijiri Takumi is around $5,300 for 1.5M power cord but the Performance line Nagomi is around $1,350 for 1.0M power cord.

Thanks @pokey77, it was getting confusing to me trying to nail down pricing of the power cords as the list of Hijiri prices shown earlier on this thread nor some of the links shown didn’t include power cord pricing either. And this link:

Shows the Hijiri HCS speaker cable prices roughly $2500US at 3M. It says (x 2) so I don’t know if it’s $2500US per one pair or for two? Is it one pair for the left channel and one pair for the right channel?

I wonder if gestalt has any sales as a previous poster mentioned? Maybe X-Mas or end of year sales?

@aniwolfe, I need your help on this. What was the cost of your Hijiri HCS speaker cables?

As to the scroll down pdf? I copied the url link and what do you know? I got the scroll down purely by accident and decided to leave it!

@aniwolfe,

Oh and they were better than the $3000 Shunyata Sigma V1’s in my system :)

Now that, got my attention.

@tyray

Its not 2x for the speaker cables. They are somewhere around $2500 for 3m pair...but definitely not $5000 for the HCS line. You only need 1 pair for 2 speakers

Hi guys, i've heard about Hijiri cables but very difficult to find a distributor in Europe to demo these cables.

I'm looking to replace my Gryphon VIP XLR interconnect and SC because since they are silver cables they tend to be bright with my Thiel CS 3.7s speakers.

The only problem is that i don't want to loose the level of clarity i have with my VIP cables but still would like more meat on the bone, better bass and smoother trebel.

Soudstage and imaging is spectacular with my Gryphon cabling.

I wonder if the Hijiri top of the line XLR and SC could offer me what i'm looking for ?

The rest of my system consists of a Gryphon Diablo 300, Aqua LinQ streamer, Aqua Formula xHD Rev 2, Paul Pang Quad Switch, Audioquest Niagara 3000 and Firebird PCs.

The system is very well balanced and listening to good quality recordings is very impressive, almost no glare just a little lack of meat.

When the recordings are not so good this is another story.