聖HIJIRI Users thread

Based on a discussion with another forum member, I've been reading up on this Comback Corporation brand. The reviews I've found have been pretty positive, but I've also learned over the years to take all reviews with a grain of salt. So the purpose of this thread is for users to share their input on 聖HIJIRI cables. When you share, if you'd discuss what model of HIJIRI you demoed and what brands/models they were compared to, that'd be very helpful.

A little background: a few years ago I was reading the Audio Envy threads and decided to give them a try as the seemed to compete with much higher-priced cable.  So I decided to give AE a try. I found both the $179 P2 and the $279 M3 to easily best an Isotek power cord at $1k. So that got me thinking even more about value products. I was about to give Zavfino a try and then was given another recommendation to give HIJIRI a try. So this is how I got here. I'll be very interested to hear all user comments on HIJIRI and this should be a good repository for the brand.

Here is their website: www.combak.net

pokey77

Glad to see the thread getting back on track. I regret my part in needlessly raising the temperature. I get that the cable is expensive, there's not a lot of information out there on it, and the looks are somewhat unassuming, especially compared to some of the competition in its price range (without mentioning any names). All of that is understood. But the only way I know to decide whether a cable (or any piece of gear) lives up to what is said about it is to try it and see how it sounds. If other factors are more important than the sound, then so be it. This cable may not be a "show pony," but its sound is extraordinary, unparalleled in my experience.

This review captures the magic of the Takumi pretty well. I'm still trying to get a handle on appropriate adjectives, but it has a spooky realism that is just hard to believe.

@facten,

Thanks for posting the review. IMHO, the reviewer truly captures the essence of TAKUMI Maestro power cord. My appreciation and admiration for their product line continues to grow as I’m adding their beautifully crafted products into my system. BTW, you have a very well thought-out system. I have known Dan M. and Lou H. for few years now, amazing talent and above all wonderful human beings.

Maybe someday I get to meet Mr. Kiuchi San, if I’m lucky :-)

I burned in my HiJiri cables on my Audiodharma Cable Cooker for about 4 days and then placed in my secondary system for over 2 weeks racking up 300+ plus hours before placing cables in my all tube based system…

I have accumulated just over 500 hours and have noticed even better SQ; speakers are unnoticeable and truly Holographic and it feels like I have been transported to the venue where the event took place.

HiJiri instructions indicates that they get more musical with time...

Wig😁

@wig,

I can only imagine how good your all tube system sounding with HIJIRI’s. Speaking of being transported to the venue, check out Scott Hamilton’s WHO CARES? on Tidal. This is one of my ‘reference’ recordings, a live performance that took place in an ancient residential palace turned into a hotel in the heart of Tuscany. It is a spellbinding experience each time I play this recording on my system. Enjoy!