Recommendation for replacement of Freya +

In one of my systems, it does double duty of 2 channel and HT. I have a Lexicon RV-6 for HT and then I was using my Freya + for 2 channel. The main issue is that I use the same speakers for both systems so I use Home Theater Bypass. The Freya doesn’t have what I would call a true version and you have to turn the volume control all the way up on the Freya to get the full signal in bypass.

I get a nasty hum once it’s turned all the way up and it’s driving me mad!

Looking for a replacement pre-amp that has HT bypass, a remote, and balanced input and output for around $1k used. I’ve seen Parasound P6, Emotiva XSP for around that price but looking for other options.

Greatly appreciate any input or recommendations.

blkwrxwgn

The Freya doesn’t have what I would call a true version and you have to turn the volume control all the way up on the Freya to get the full signal in bypass.

I get a nasty hum once it’s turned all the way up and it’s driving me mad!

I assume that you were using the Freya+ in tube mode which is +12db with the volume knob all the way up. In my experience, the Freya+ was amazingly quiet at unity gain in all modes.

I think Kal may be on to something. To get "full signal", you would want to have the Freya+ in "passive mode" and turned up all the way. That would be full signal pass-through. If you have the Freya+ in tube gain mode, you'll be adding 12db of gain and I can believe you could get some noise.

Try it in passive mode, if you haven't already". Just remember, re-do your HT setup with the Freya_ in passive mode, volume control all the way up.

I’ll try it again in passive mode but I think I was getting the hum in all modes once the volume got close to full. 

thing I really don’t like is that I don’t want to accidentally leave it in full volume when I go to use it in 2 channel. It’s not the most elegant way of doing it. 

Seperate speakers is my way. Then I don't have to worry about any nonsense. 

Good luck